Saturday 29 August 2020

August 29, 1990: It was the first time I'd met Elaine not coming from work. Her hair was free



Thirty years ago today

I made it home from work in time to get some work done and take a shower. I was just about to leave when Elaine called to tell me that she was going to be a half an hour late. I was relieved because it gave me time to shave and wash my face.
She wasn't there when I arrived but I waited quite a while doing my research into the history of song lyrics. I found a whole bunch of change including my front door key in the lining of the briefcase/shoulder bag that Jennifer had given me.
I bought a large cone at Dairy Queen and it was half finished when Elaine showed up. It was the first time I'd seen her not coming from work and so she was dressed much more casually, with her hair free. We went for a beer on Queen and she paid.


No comments:

Post a Comment