Tuesday 18 August 2020

August 18, 1990: Susan told me that her sister was going to be mad at her for going out with me



Thirty years ago today

I danced at the Claremont until closing time while Susan just sat and drank one beer. Carol, who had called me a couple of times in answer to my personal ad, came up and introduced herself. She was quite attractive and a good dancer but we only danced together for one song before she went back to sit with her sister. I wondered if I would see her again.
I talked with Marva Jackson, the DJ and she told me she'd just gotten over the flu. She made her living deejaying at parties.
Susan and I left at 2:30 and she told me while we walked home that Nancy was going to be mad at her for going out with me.
Later that morning I went out after breakfast to check out a few lawn sales. I bought some books and I got two carpets for a dollar each.
Nancy called me later to ask if she could keep Susan's kitten at my place. She came over that night because she couldn't sleep at her place and we made love.

No comments:

Post a Comment