Friday 14 August 2020

August 14, 1990: She said, "I don't think we're gonna hit it off. Can I drop you off at this corner?"




Thirty years ago today

I finished work later than I expected and so I was an hour late to meet Lynn. When I got there I didn't see her and the hostess told me that she'd left. I waited outside in case she came back and she did. She was quite attractive. We went back inside to take a table and I went to the washroom to change out of my work clothes. We had a beer and talked for a while until she suggested that we head downtown in her car. After we got there she said, "I don't think we're gonna hit it off. You're too down to Earth. I can tell we'd clash. Can I drop you off at this corner?"
When I got home I left her a message on her answering machine to tell her how insulted I was. Too down to Earth? Hah!


No comments:

Post a Comment