Saturday 22 August 2020

August 22, 1990: I was shocked when Elaine said the ANC should kill as many Zulu as possible


Thirty years ago today

            I headed quickly home after work but only had time to shower before heading back out to meet Elaine at the Bloor Cinema. I goofed and it turned out that the film we'd intended on seeing wasn't scheduled for that night, so we just went for a few beers instead. We talked as usual about various subjects, including the Zulu-ANC conflict in South Africa. I was a little shocked to hear her say that she thought that as many Zulu should be killed as possible. I told her about Gurdjieffa nd how I came to get involved in "The Work". We made a date for Sunday September 2 to see "Mama There's a Man in Your Bed" but we hoped to see each other before that as well. We talked quite late and she had to travel a long way to get home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment