Friday 7 August 2020

August 7, 1990: I had expected Elaine to be harder and more conservative looking but she was very pretty



Thirty years ago today

I bought all the newspapers to look for a new job but I didn't see anything attractive. I went to Manpower but there was nothing I wanted. I had the idea to call some photographers to get work as an assistant but I was discouraged by my memory of past experiences and so I stopped after one.
I met Elaine at The Rivoli at 17:00. Based on our phone conversations I had exp0ected a harder looking more conservative nerd, but she was very pretty. We talked for about three and a half hours and she explained that she had found that white men tend to treat black women with more respect than black men. I guess it comes down to personal experience since I remember a white woman told me that she preferred black men because they treat women like queens. I rode with her on the subway as far as my stop. She gave me her phone number and I kissed her goodbye on the cheek.
I called Nancy from the subway station but she didn't want to go and see the movie so I went home and called her again. She said that she felt depressed and wanted to be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment