Thursday 27 August 2020

August 27, 1990: Elaine found my writing sexist but agreed to get together anyway


Thirty years ago today

I called Elaine at about 20:30 but the line was busy so I occupied my self with other stuff for a while. I got through to her a little later but she said she'd call me back. When she did we talked for a long time. I told her about the negative feedback that I'd gotten over my submissions to Grubb Magazine, which claimed to have no censorship. She asked me what I had written and so I read it to her. When I was finished I asked her if she still wanted to meet on Wednesday. She said she wasn't sure now because of what she had just found out about me. She told me that she'd found my writing to be very sexist but she agreed to get together anyway.
            Nancy came over when I was in bed but she was annoyed that I wouldn't move over so she could lie down and so she left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment