Friday 28 August 2020

August 28, 1990: Darkman seemed deliberately hokey



Thirty years ago today

There was a half hour delay on the subway after work. I got off where the train was stalling at Dufferin. I caught the Dufferin bus to King and walked home from there.
I discovered that I'd lost my bank card again, probably on the same night that Nancy lost hers. I would be broke because of that until Friday.
Nancy, Susan, Mia and myself went to St Clair and Yonge to see Darkman. We'd decided on the 21:30 show but had to go early to get our tickets. We hung around for an hour and a half and then joined the enormous line-up.
Darkman had an interesting plot but the acting and the script were lousy. That might have been on purpose though because it seemed deliberately hokey.

No comments:

Post a Comment