Thursday 6 August 2020

August 6, 1990: My stomach was bursting as we walked from the Queen of Sheba to Marat Sade



Thirty years ago today

I went to Yvette's place at around 13:30 and she served me fruit and yogourt in a pastry shell. At 15:30 we headed for the Queen of Sheba restaurant. We had the vegetarian platter, which was an assortment of five vegetable pates on a bed of very light and somewhat gooey flatbread. Yvette didn't like the bread.
My stomach was bursting as we walked all the way to Royal York along Bloor. On the way Yvette showed me her old stomping grounds.
We went to see "Marat-Sade", which is a 1960s film adaptation of the play about the murder of Jean Paul Marat that the Marquis de Sade directed. The movie starred a very young and pretty Glenda Jackson.



No comments:

Post a Comment