Thursday 10 December 2020

December 10, 1990: Canada Post said I wasn't on any call list for Christmas help, even though they'd hired me


Thirty years ago today

            I got up around 9:00 and had breakfast. 
            I called the post office and was told that my name wasn't on any list for temporary Christmas help, even though they had hired me.
            I called Mr Mover but there was nothing happening. My cheque had gone through the computer but it hadn't entered my account and so I was totally broke. 
            I met Yvette at Magyar and confessed that I had no money. She had to walk to the bank machine at Spadina to pay for the meal. I had enough for the movie. We saw Dr Strangelove and she enjoyed it. We arranged to meet the next Monday so I could give her the card that I'd made for her. 
            Elaine called after I got home and we talked until midnight. We made tentative date to meet on Friday December 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment