Saturday 26 December 2020

December 26, 1990: Dad came in my bedroom at 3:00 wanting to know where he was. I told him "New Denmark." He asked "How do you know?"


Thirty years ago today

            Dad turned on all the lights at 3:00 and was walking around with a flashlight. He came into the guest bedroom and asked me to tell him where he was. I said, "You're in New Denmark." He argued, "How do you know?" Then he called and woke my Aunt Pearl to inform her that I didn't know where I was. Later in the morning he remembered the whole thing but didn't have an explanation. 
            Nancy and I went next door to visit Aunt Pearl and she gave me some genealogical information about the Rasmussen family. 
            At about 20:00 Dad drove us to Grand Falls. We were early and so we waited a long time for the bus. When we got off in Edmundston there was also a tedious stretch of time before the next one. When it came we took the back seat again but it was a mistake this time because it was freezing back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment