Tuesday 29 December 2020

December 29, 1990: She told me R.D. Lang says there's always a second party, in this case the mother, who contributes to schizophrenia


Thirty years ago today

            I met Chris at 7:30 and the job lasted until 18:00. We decided to meet for a drink with his girlfriend Anna at Paupers. Tom Smarda was playing guitar at the corner of Bathurst and Bloor but he couldn't join us because he was barred. I talked for a long time with Anna about Nancy. She said to read R.D. Lang on schizophrenia and that he says that there is always a second party, in this case Nancy's mother, who contributes to it. 
            Anna said that she knew about the commune Dragonfly where Tom lived but what she knew was confidential. 
            I met Tom, we caught the Beer Store before 23:00 and went to my place. I'd had three at the bar and so I only had one at home. He gave me the issue of Grub that came after my submissions were published and the whole issue was full of angry responses to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment