Tuesday 22 December 2020

December 22, 1990: The negligée wasn't her size but I figured since she was only four months pregnant she would grow into it


Thirty years ago today

            I didn't work because it was my last chance for Christmas shopping before leaving town the next day. 
            I called Yvette and we met for lunch at Ciao at Bathurst and Bloor. I gave her the Christmas card I'd made, some books by Richard Bach I'd saved for her and I paid for lunch. 
            I walked along Bloor, going in and out of stores looking for a present for Nancy. I found a place near Spadina called Risqué that had a really nice negligée but it wasn't her size. I figured that since she was only four months pregnant she might grow into it and so I bought it anyway. I strolled further east and bought her two pairs of earrings in two different places on Yonge Street. I also purchased a dancing beer can for Judy.

No comments:

Post a Comment