Tuesday 15 December 2020

December 15, 1990: Unlike his brother, who we'd moved the day before, the customer gave us no tip


Thirty years ago today

            I couldn't sleep so I got up at 4:30 to write in this journal. I went back to bed at 4:44 but I didn't really feel sleep coming on until it was almost time to get up. 
            I met Ken at the donut shop at Finch and Rod came later. We met the driver at Speedy and then moved the brother of the guy we'd moved the day before. Unlike from his sibling we got no free lunch and no tip. 
            Nancy was there when I got home at 18:30 but she felt sick and so we decided we'd do the visit with her parents tomorrow instead. It got so bad that we planned on going to the hospital but I went out to buy beer first and when I came back she concluded that she needed sleep more than a doctor. 
            She went to work a little after midnight and I saw her to the streetcar. She said she'd be coming back to my place afterwards. I went straight to bed as soon as I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment