Monday 21 December 2020

December 21, 1990: The truck driver left without me but I took the subway and beat him to the job site by half an hour


Thirty years ago today

            I worked until 4:30 and got a ride home with Roy. I went straight to bed and at 13:20 Wayne called. I got up, showered, did some sewing on my jeans and then headed back to work. It was raining and I worked outside pulling stuff up the ramp to the truck. I did something to my ankle and it was a little swollen. I had one of the colonel's chicken sandwiches for lunch. Ralph said for me to ride over to Shipp Centre with the driver but he took off without me. I took the subway and beat him there by half an hour. We worked until a little after midnight placing office furniture according to the blueprint. Our pay was being processed early because of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment