Wednesday 9 December 2020

December 9, 1990: He called "Help! I'm blind and lost!" His cane had broken in the streetcar door. I walked him home


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy left for work while I was still in bed. 
            I woke up around 9:30 when I heard a desperate voice on the street outside my window. "Help! I'm blind and I'm lost!" I jumped out of bed and hurried my pants on, I threw my coat on without a shirt and put my shoes over bare feet to rush outside. The guy was quite old and his cane had been broken in the streetcar door when he'd gotten off. He took my hand and I led him to 17 Maynard just up the street from my place at 3 Maynard. 
            My place was such a mess I should have had snowshoes to get around. 
            Carlo came over. I served him coffee and spilled some. I drank the rest of my beer and spilled some of that as well. I'd been feeling clumsy and lethargic. 
            I whacked off once without oil. 
            I got some energy later to clean up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment