Thursday 17 December 2020

December 17, 1990: I shopped for midwives. They cost $1200 and two of them deliver


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy called in the morning to give me the phone numbers of some midwives and so I called a couple. They cost $1200 and two of them come for the delivery. They meet the client once a month until the pregnancy is at twenty eight weeks; twice a month until the last month; and then once a week until the birth and six weeks after.
            I did some sewing of my jeans and then left for work at 17:00. At 21:45 we broke for lunch and I walked to Royal York to eat at Bert and Ernies. I caught the subway back to work but even though I'd been gone for almost an hour none of the other guys had returned. I worked like a demon and when we were done at 2:00 I got a ride home from Dan. 
            Nancy started to read Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson by George Gurdjieff for a third time and we planned to work on it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment