Friday 25 December 2020

December 25, 1990: Nicholas and Aaron were drowning in Ninja Turtles toys but spent half an hour with a $1 toy Nancy gave them


Thirty years ago today

            I was already in bed by 23:00 the night before. Dad had said we would leave for my sister's place at 13:00 but at 5:00 he switched on our bedroom light and told Nancy and I that he'd changed his mind and that he'd be leaving as soon as we were ready. By the time he'd unfrozen the car doors and we'd had breakfast it was already 6:15. We arrived at Sibyl's place at around 8:00 and had breakfast again. At 15:00 we had dinner. 
            I talked with my ex-sister in law Ann and my niece Kelly long distance. Kelly invited Nancy and I to her wedding in Peterborough on August 10. I'd already met Sibyl's son Nicholas on an earlier trip but this time I encountered my newest Nephew Aaron and he was cute. He and Nicholas were drowning in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys but they spent half an hour playing with a $1 toy that Nancy gave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment