Sunday 6 December 2020

December 6, 1990: She was a filmmaker and he was a painter. She gave me a juicer


Thirty years ago today 

            I got a ride to work with Chris and then rode with him from the shop to drop off the trailer. A retirement aged couple from Czechoslovakia who thought they recognized me were moving just down the street because they'd been forced out by builders who'd bought the whole block. She was a filmmaker and he was a painter. She gave me a juicer. They bought us subs for lunch, donuts and coffee in the early afternoon and then pizza after the move ran into the evening. We finished at 20:00 and they gave us beer and a $30 tip each. 
            When I was just getting home Nancy called to suggest that we go to a movie. She came over instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment