Monday 14 December 2020

December 14, 1990: The little café was disappointing. I had a lousy croissant with two fried eggs in between


Thirty years ago today

            I got up at 9:00 and got ready to go out for breakfast. I caught the streetcar but missed my destination by two stops and so I had to take another tram back. The little two table cafe was disappointing. I had a lousy croissant with two fried eggs in between. I bought a chocolate pecan tart at the little bakery nearby and it was expensive but good. 
            I went home and cleaned up a bit. I did some incomplete sewing and then at noon I headed for work. 
            I got to the job site shortly after 13:00 before the guys ior the truck had arrived. We finished at 19:30 and I got a $40 tip. 
            I got home at 20:30 and called Nancy. I told her it would be silly for me to go all the way out to Scarborough that late to meet her parents when what was required was a longer time. We would try for the next night instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment