Monday 15 February 2021

February 15, 1991: I didn't have money to buy the kinds of things I liked to eat during my annual vegetarian diet


Thirty years ago today 

            Nancy made a couple hundred dollars selling flowers on Valentines Day compared to my fifty. She'd learned months ago about removing the roses from the packs and selling them individually. 
            I got up after noon on Friday and had time for a leisurely breakfast of fried tofu while reading some of yesterday's papers. 
            I left for work at around 15:30 and was on the job at North York City Hall until maybe 20:00. 
            I went home and read some more papers. 
            My place was a mess and piled sky high with newspapers. 
            I didn't have enough money to buy the kinds of things I liked to eat when I was on my annual vegetarian diet during Lent, like cereal with soy milk, and Tofutti. Well, I would get by. I just hoped Nancy could stay off my back about looking for a job. I needed her to have faith that I would assume responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment