Tuesday 23 February 2021

February 23, 1991: That night the ground war began. The idiots!


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I got to Arlene Berman's house at around nine. Dave brought the truck and I packed it. Arlane gave away all the food in her fridge and I walked away with two boxes full of health food. Dave dropped me off at King and Sherbourne and I struggled home with all that food. As soon as I got there I started eating. I had canned lentil soup and canned chick peas with salad dressing. 
            I worked on projects and my latest collage. I had gotten a whole bunch of magazines from Arlene's garbage, including Vanity Fair and Longevity, which I brought home for collage material. She'd also thrown out some film scripts that she'd read for her production job and so I took those as well to read. 
            That night the ground war began. The idiots! I shaved and showered and listened. They wouldn't even let the reporters in the field and I found that suspicious. I called the radio station and talked about it on the air but I didn't get the impression that anyone cared.

No comments:

Post a Comment