Saturday 20 February 2021

February 20, 1991: I had chili for breakfast


Thirty years ago today

            I got up at around noon on Wednesday. I took a shower, did some cleaning up and found some change. I went down to the Montreal bank at Dufferin and withdrew $3 from my account. I bought kidney beans, tomato paste, grapefruit, mushrooms, the Star and the Sun. I made a quick bean chili and had it for breakfast while reading the papers. 
            I cleaned up, shaved and called work. I found out that I would be working on Thursday. Carole told me that she would be keeping me on the Mister Mover payroll for now. 
            I assessed a couple of my Tomb of Dracula comics. I needed 53 more to complete the set. 
            Nancy phoned and we talked about getting a place next month, me living off the last month's rent and collecting the interest from the landlord.

No comments:

Post a Comment