Sunday 21 February 2021

February 21, 1991: The customer I moved had her baby delivered by the same midwife Nancy and I hired


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday morning I worked downtown and so I only had to take the subway to Sherbourne, the bus to Gerrard and then walk to a townhouse two streets east and two doors north. The customer's name was Arlane Berman and it turned out that she'd had her baby delivered by Bridget, the midwife that Nancy and I had hired. She also said she'd done extensive research and told me that Nancy shouldn't worry about ultrasounds. She gave me a thing to carry babies in that was a kind of bed one hangs from the shoulder.
            Jim Bylo, Paul from Speedy and I packed Arlane's stuff to get ready to move her the next Saturday. I screwed up while packing some glass tabletops and got the wrong end of the mirror carton on, so I had to pull it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment