Friday 19 February 2021

February 19, 1991: Nancy was mad because I refused to wear the company t-shirt when I sold flowers


Thirty years ago today 

            Nancy had work to go to on Tuesday but I didn't. After I got up around noon I went out and bought some peanuts. I had tofu and a pop tart for breakfast and finished off the pop and lemonade. 
            When I called the shop to find out when I'd be working I heard that I was being switched over to Speedy's payroll. I didn't know what that meant but it seemed to be suggested that I would get more work. I hoped they would still be paying me by direct deposit. 
            Sebastian still hadn't called even though she'd said she would call on Monday about a date on Wednesday. 
            I called Nancy and she was working overtime. She phoned me later and said she was pissed off at me because I'd told the flower company that I refused to wear a t-shirt with their company logo next month when I would be selling for them on Easter weekend. We argued for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment