Saturday 1 July 2023

July 1, 1993: A woman was complaining that she got arrested for throwing a brick through the window of the leader of the Heritage Front


Thirty years ago today 

            On Thursday my daughter and I got up at around 10:00. She had a bowl of Shreddies and I made her some toast but she didn't want any cheese. We walked to the playground with her wagon and then we went to the payphone and called her mother. No, that's not what happened. On our way out with the wagon, Tom Smarda showed up. No, that didn't happen either. Anyway, Tom showed up sometime but first we went out and called Nancy and then returned home. The next door neighbour's kids were playing with radio cars and my daughter was enthralled. Then my daughter was chasing me with the hose and soaked my bag and after that Tom showed up. At one point there was a SWAT team on the street chasing somebody. Tom walked with us down to Queen Street and I called Nancy again but she still didn't know what she was doing. We went to Kew gardens and watched a country band and then Tom split. I called Nancy again and she said she'd be picking up our daughter at around 20:00. She went to sleep at 18:30 or so and I shaved, showered and repaired some pants. After Nancy came I headed downtown to Mudds cabaret for the open stage. There was a woman there complaining about how she'd been arrested for throwing a brick through the window of the home of the leader of the Heritage Front. The reading went well, especially the Alphabet Orgy: 

Isn't endless chaos a contradiction in terms 
and isn't dead dirt just a constipation of worms? 
Why do you ask me this when you know it just makes me tense? 
Because you possess endless amounts of beauty 
which shine across the horizons of heaven into the open galaxy 
When you ask "What are the qualities of life?" 
are you seeking helplessly harvesting heaven's hazards 
and ending up eating the sky's excrement? 
I pretend to slip into a drunken spin 
falling from my petty broken terrace
then I sit in my heaven looking back through needle eyes 
trying to fit the thread through the hole of a drunken ass
trying to seduce himself for torture and gratification 
to suck the monster pussy that would swallow him whole 
clothes and all in his erotic daydream 
Yagga yagga wooga go nami ne nek nek nyyeehieeeh! 
Take me home in cab on a horse or on your back 
but it's not a smile I miss my smile 
buried at birth somewhere beneath my mother's heart 
At thirty I found it again but tarnished and cautious it is 
Breath life live so 'cause there's a lot of beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment