Friday 28 July 2023

July 28, 1993: The superintendent tried to take my dehumidifier away but I wouldn't let him


Thirty years ago today 

            On Wednesday I remembered what had happened a week before in a confrontation with Carl the super. He wanted to take my dehumidifier away but I said no and so suddenly he started putting pressure on me about the rent. Then he came back on Saturday, July 24 to give me back my cheque and told me it had to be certified. So a few days before this date I put the rent money in a money order. That night I went to The Café Verité for the open stage. When I arrived they were playing cartoons and so I went for a beer at Clintons and then came back. I had two turns of reading my poetry. Yehudah showed up and later I went to his place and talked.

No comments:

Post a Comment