Tuesday 4 July 2023

July 4, 1993: My daughter screamed and didn't want to be with me until she saw she could play with the hose


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I got up at around 10:00 I had breakfast and got some cleaning done before Nancy's mother knocked on my door to give me my daughter. She screamed, held onto her grandmother and didn't want to be with me until I took her outside and she saw the hose. We went to the front of the playground and then to the back while I kept an eye out for my lost glasses. We went down the slide several times with her climbing the ladder and then getting on my lap to slide down with me. Then she played in the sand for quite a while. We went down to Queen Street to call her mother but she said to call back later. She went to sleep at 14:40 and at 17:30 I carried her while she was still sleeping to meet her mother downtown and she woke up at Spadina. After giving her back to her mother I went to visit Dianna, Jodie, and Ray for a couple of hours. Then I went to Mudds cabaret to see if they'd found my glasses but also to look for Yehuda.

No comments:

Post a Comment