Friday 14 July 2023

July 14, 1993: I called Elaine from a payphone and talked for ninety minutes


Thirty years ago today 

            On Wednesday I got up at around 10:00 as usual. I went out and called Marie but she hadn't gotten much sleep the night before. I also phoned Nancy but she didn't know what was happening as usual and I ended up not seeing my daughter that day. I got my place cleaned up and didn't go downtown to make free phone calls at the Ontario College of Art because I got caught up in projects. In my transcriptions of biographies from the encyclopaedia in order to use them for astrological research, I was at Betty Davis. My hard cover notebook was getting full and so I told myself that I needed to get a new one. On the typewriter I worked on a story based on my life in Vancouver in the late 70s and early 80s. I went out to the payphone in the late evening and talked with Elaine for an hour and a half. I forgot to buy a lottery ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment