Saturday 29 July 2023

July 29, 1993: Yehudah and I danced


Thirty years ago today 

            On Thursday I worked on Sonja's astrological chart and then I went out and called her at around 14:00. We arranged to meet on Sunday at Mudds Cabaret. I bought some beer for the party that Dianna Dufretes invited me to and took it with me at 22:00 to Mudds. Elizabeth put it in the fridge for me. I started the open stage because Martin didn't show up. I read the Alphabet Orgy group poem: 

Breath, life, live; so, 'cause there's a lot of beauty 
and love is just a cancer, eating gravity 
but your love Baby is just a lot of bubble snapping inside me
inside Strange feeling, woman now is the foil
as your painted face bleeds to ease backing against doors to unconscious streams
Windows must be tried when doors won't open 
many eyes are open but few can see 
activation and alien laughter-369 Act
live, died, ride up or down, goodbye 
Arms, legs, sex, soul, mind up-down, hello 
Sit still, the running goal it hurts now we're old 
In younger days I thought sex was the answer
now I know it's really a question 
yum dee luukidee lum dinga doo nik nik nee yowwoooh! 
Oh Baby, oh Baby- stop - oh Baby, oh baby, I am invisible 
I know why sometimes I get frightened 
Stop, yield, no stopping, doh! 
I need dough to knead some pizza for your party 
and seven dancing Salomes beneath a cheesy veil 
Seven veils gone and a head on a platter 
and yet the veil is only stripped away to show nothing
But nothing is nothing new, not in this state 
but if you wish to pretend, uncountable options are inevitable 
A world of choice but the moral path is not inevitably the right path 
A fork in the road or a fork in the eye
like a cry in the night like cherry pie, please don't die 
or even sleep or dream please don't die
but keep a wary eye I'm very weak and worn
and will probably die before morn
and will die saying "Yaargggh aarghh yekky gag boola
you are all covetous, covetous, covetous fools" 
She loves you ya ya ya
here's another radio station despising the ways I move under this naughty blanket 

            I read two of my poems and one of Ludwig Zeller's. I passed around the Alphabet Orgy group poem for people to contribute to it. Then I went to the party. Ray's voice answered the buzzer and Dianna opened the door. Yehudah was there. It was a mellow party. We talked, ate, and drank beer, and later Yehudah and I danced.

No comments:

Post a Comment