Monday 17 July 2023

July 17, 1993: As I was coaxing my daughter from someone's yard a woman profiled me as a predator


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I got up around 9:30 when my daughter was still sleeping and I went out to get some groceries. She woke up at 10:30 and she had some toast. We went out and played in the back yard and then made our way down to Queen Street. As we walked down Wineva she wandered into someone's yard and as I was gently calling for her to come out a woman came up to me and asked if I lived there. I said I didn't. Then she asked, "Is that your child?", because she'd profiled me as a predator and thought that I was trying to coax someone else's child to come with me. I was insulted and I told her, "I'm not going to answer that!" She continued to push and asked me why. I answered, "Because I don't like the question!" Further down Wineva we ran into Veronique and she said that her daughter Chagall was in Kew gardens and so we went over there. They seemed to play well together in the sandbox. With their blond hair they looked like a Nazi propaganda photo from the 1930s.

No comments:

Post a Comment