Wednesday 12 July 2023

July 12, 1993: When I complained her Rottweiler was grabbing toys from daughter's hands she said I shouldn't bring her toys in the backyard


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I got up at about 7:45 and got ready. My daughter got up when it was almost time to wake her. We caught the streetcar and went down to the welfare office at Coxwell. We didn't have to wait long for my interview and when it was over we walked back. I changed her diaper and then we went into the back yard to play in the little pool. Adolph the upstairs neighbours' Rottweiler came out and it was kind of amusing as he also played in the pool and tried to pick up my daughter's toys from the bottom. It was less amusing when he started grabbing toys from my daughter's hand and wouldn't drop them. I complained to Helen but she just said that I shouldn't leave my daughter's toys in the back yard. Basically I thought they'd better teach their dog to obey voice commands because if my daughter got knocked over and hurt by their big pet I'd be contacting the authorities. She went to sleep at around 15:30 and got up again at 18:30. I made her some tortillas with cucumber and then I took her back to her mother's place in Scarborough. Nancy wasn't home but I left her with her grandfather. Then I caught the Steeles bus to Yonge and Finch and the subway to College. I went for the first time to the poetry open stage at Lola's Lounge. Kirby was there and Mary Milne showed up followed by Tom Smarda. Nel left early but we had a little reading anyway. The place had more potential than The Last Temptation because it was closer to a main street.

No comments:

Post a Comment