Saturday 8 July 2023

July 8, 1993: I had fun hosting my first poetry reading


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I got all my cleaning done and I found my broken glasses after a long search. I did some astrological research and then headed downtown early so I could make copies of the Alphabet Orgy group poem. Then I walked to Mudds Cabaret and got there at around 21:00. I waited and waited for the open stage to start but no one showed up until 23:30. Martin didn't come and so I volunteered to be the host, which was lots of fun. Just as I was about to leave Dianna arrived with Yehudah and I gave him his astrological chart. Then we went to Dianna's place and on the way they were making fun of how I walked. They said I walked like I thought I was king of the hill. Yehudah did my tarot reading and we talked until 5:00 on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment