Tuesday 18 July 2023

July 18, 1993: My daughter bolted out into the street and I grabbed her just before a car almost hit her


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I got up at 9:00 and my daughter woke fifteen minutes later. She had toast and then we went out to play in the back yard for a long time and then back inside again. We went down Wineva and Shawn was outside his and Veronique's house so we stopped to talk for a while. We crossed the street to look at the bulldozer that was parked there. She stepped off the curb and I thought she was about to explore the big machine's shovel when suddenly she bolted towards the middle of the street. I grabbed her just before a car almost hit her. I left her with Veronique while I went down to Queen to call Nancy. Her father said that she was on her way. I went back to get my daughter and took her for a slice of pizza before her mother came. I went home, did the dishes and then relaxed for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment