Sunday 16 July 2023

July 16, 1993: I had just gotten to bed when Nancy came and wanted me to take our daughter overnight


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday morning I didn't see Susana Wald on the train to Oakville but she was sitting with an old friend on the bus to Sheridan College. I worked until 12:30 and got back to Toronto at 14:18. I called Nancy and got a message that she wanted me to meet her at 15:15. I went to pick up a cheque, banked it and then headed for the Eaton Centre. At 15:30 she still hadn't shown up and so I called her mother but there was no message. At 16:00 I told her mother to tell Nancy I was going home. I was feeling very sleepy because I hadn't gotten to bed until 3:30. When I got home I took off my clothes and went to bed but half an hour later Nancy showed up with our daughter and told me she wanted me to take her overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment