Wednesday 26 July 2023

July 26, 1993: Susana Wald was impressed with my collages but said they were only unconsciously surrealist


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I was at Susana Wald's house just after 9:00. I brought some of my collages to show her and she seemed impressed. I asked her if they were surrealistic and she confirmed they were but unconsciously. Lightning struck the house while we were sitting in the living room. We finished packing Ludwig Zeller's studio. She gave me more books, some paper, and a tape recorder. She paid me $60 and then took me for Vietnamese food with her son and his girlfriend. When I left her place I walked over to the open stage at Crickets on Bloor Street near Avenue Road. Mary Milne and Phlip Arima were there. I did a reading and sang Calendar Girl. It seemed to go over well. Mary gave me a ride home and came in for water. We talked for a while and then she went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment