Sunday 14 March 2021

March 14, 1991: If Nancy didn't get Mother's Allowance after the baby was born I might have to declare myself a single parent


Thirty years ago today

            I got to work at 7:30 on Thursday. I went out with Jim and Gary to move a woman and her adult daughter from Whitby to Don Mills. 
            I took the York Mills bus to the subway and then home. 
            I had chips, dip and lemonade when I got in. 
            Nancy called and I made spaghetti while we talked again about her getting away with collecting Mother's Allowance by not letting Social Services know that we are living together. 
            This time I remained calm while she continued to seriously doubt my assertion that I didn't have a big problem with moving into the place she'd picked without my consent. I offered a few opinions but basically I just let her talk. I said she could do whatever she wanted but she'd probably want to do something later on if we ran out of money. If she didn't I might have to declare myself a single parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment