Saturday 13 March 2021

March 13, 1991: Nancy said she might take tranquilizers if we didn't take the apartment she wanted and so for the sake of the baby I gave in


Thirty years ago today

            A call from Nancy woke me up at 3:00 on Wednesday. She was very stressed and said she was thinking of taking tranquilizers because this apartment decision making was pushing her over the edge.
            What could I do? For the sake of our baby that she was carrying I would have to give in and keep the place she'd chosen without consulting me. She said she was afraid that I would be bitter but I responded that I could obviously handle it better than she could. 
            She phoned me at noon and seemed more calm. She wanted to know about classified ads for working from home. 
            She called in the evening and we argued about painting the new apartment. She thought that if I came around to the place before we moved in the landlord would suspect something and report it to Social Services.

No comments:

Post a Comment