Monday 29 March 2021

March 29, 1991: Nancy and I sat in silence in the car. My silence was cold and hers was pensive


Thirty years ago today

            I got up at 6:45 on Good Friday, got ready and headed for the flower place. Nancy's parents were there and after I registered her mother told me Nancy was out in the car. I went out and joined her but we sat in silence in the back seat. My silence was cold and hers was pensive. When I finally spoke I told her that all she had to do to bring us back together would be to agree to live with me. We argued a bit and then we both went inside. 
            She was sent out to Kennedy and Steeles in Brampton. Her mother got me a coffee before I got in the van and was taken to Burlington. 
            I made $100 that day, which was better than anyone else on my route. 
            I got home at around 22:00, worked on some projects and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment