Sunday 21 March 2021

March 21, 1991: I waited for Ralph an hour, then Ralph and I waited for the others for an hour. When they came we worked till after midnight


Thirty years ago today

            I woke up late on Thursday and rushed to get ready but I figured I would be about half an hour late for work. I couldn't find the address that I'd written down for the floor of the job site but I remembered where it was enough to be able to find the building. I decided that while waiting for the subway train I'd call Wayne and he told me the job was canceled. I asked him why he hadn't called me before I left for work but he said he hadn't had time to call anybody. 
            I went home and Wayne phoned a little later to tell me to be at 200 King for 14:30. I got there and waited an hour for Ralph while reading the papers. I went for coffee and when Ralph got there we waited another hour and went for coffee again. 
            The guys showed up at around 16:45. We worked very hard with lots off walking until after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment