Wednesday 31 March 2021

I Was a Young Bob Dylan


            On Tuesday morning I dreamed I was a young Bob Dylan acting in a play but later I was British comic actor Sidney James in the same play. It all somehow had to do with my Brit Lit 2 essay. 
            I transcribed the lyrics to “Merde à l’amour" (Shit to Love) by Serge Gainsbourg from the Gainsbourg website and translated it. I'll start memorizing it on the first morning after I'm done with my Brit Lit 2 essay. 
            Playing the smaller Oscar Schmidt guitar is a little frustrating because with the bigger Washburn I had just finally gotten to get my fingers in the right place to play an unbarred A chord but now with the smaller guitar my fingers don’t seem to fit. One good thing though is that the Oscar Schmidt doesn’t have a buzz on the A string like the Washburn does and which the guy at Remenyi told me was a perfectly acceptable buzz. 
            I took a siesta from 11:30 to 13:00. 
            I weighed 88.1 kilos before lunch. I had peanuts, kettle chips and salsa. 
            As I was getting ready for a bike ride I was surprised that it was covid 19 degrees outside. I brought my microscope along with me. They call it a microscope because it’s so tiny that you need a microscope to look through it. I saw that the virus was wearing shorts and I’m hoping it will catch a cold. 
            I stopped at Freshco to buy bread and margarine because I’ll be eating bread tomorrow. 
            I took another siesta from 16:30 to 17:30. 
            I worked on my essay for a couple of hours and knocked it down to nine and a half pages, which is a little over twice what it should be. It’s due tomorrow at midnight but there’s no late penalty and I think I can have it done before the weekend. 
            I weighed 88.7 kilos before dinner. I had a potato with the rest of the peas, mushrooms, broccoli and onions that I’d sautéed the night before. 
            I tried to watch an episode of Hancock’s Half Hour but only the first few minutes were complete and so I watched the first episode of the fourth season of the Andy Griffith Show. 
            This story begins with Barney making a slingshot for Opie. But while shooting into a tree in his front yard he accidentally kills a mother bird. He feels so guilty about it that he takes it upon himself to raise her three babies. Andy gets him a cage so they can put the nest inside to protect the birds from cats. The birds grow healthy and start to fly in the cage and so Andy reminds Opie that the mother that he’s replacing would let them go. Opie hesitates but realizes his father is right and he lets them each fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment