Wednesday 17 March 2021

March 17, 1991: When Nancy said she wouldn't sign the lease I told her to get out and never see me again. She called later


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy came over just before 10:00 on Sunday and told me we weren't going to prenatal class and that she'd decided not to sign the lease for the place in the Beaches. I told her to get out and to never see me again. I sat there for a couple of minutes and then went after her. She was at the streetcar stop and I confronted her, asking, "Why? Why are you doing this to me?" We talked for about an hour and she basically said that she wasn't ready and if I were to pressure her for a decision right now she would choose not to be with me. I walked away and sat across the street. She sat where she was for a long time and then got on the streetcar. I went to bed and got up at 15:00. I called her then, at 18:00, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00, 22:00 and 23:00. 
            She phoned later.

No comments:

Post a Comment