Monday 8 March 2021

March 8, 1991: While I was going down a lane to look at an apartment a big dog in the yard next door slammed viciously at the fence to get at me


Thirty years ago today

            I only had cereal for breakfast on Friday morning because I was still recovering from breaking my fast with junk food. 
            Nancy called to tell me that the place on Elmgrove was taken and I was disappointed. I made a long list of numbers from the Star classifieds. 
            Nancy and I fought over how picky she was. She would eliminate entire neighbourhoods for no logical reason. 
            I met a woman about an apartment at 105 Sunnyside. While following her down the lane to the back I was startled by a dog in the yard next door slamming viciously at the fence to get at me. But the basement apartment was quite nice. It was $600 inclusive, with free laundry. 
            Nancy didn't show up. I waited and looked for her for half an hour. I called to postpone my second appointment but the guy wanted to cancel it. I went home and Nancy was there. We went out to look at two more places and got stood up at another.

No comments:

Post a Comment