Tuesday 2 March 2021

March 2, 1991: It was a government job and we had to wear uniforms, but I refused


March 2, 1991 

            I got to 102 Tyndall at 11:00 on Saturday. One truck was already there with Shawn and some Speedy guys. When my truck showed up Shawn tossed me a pair of overalls and told me to put them on. 
            I said, "No." 
            He asked, "Why?" 
            I answered, "I don't want to." 
            He told me, "You have to." 
            I asked, "Why?" 
            Anyway, it went on about this being a government move and we had to wear uniforms. But I wouldn't wear one and so finally they compromised and I went with Paul up to Orangeville with the first load. 
            We went through a heavy fog to find the place. It started pouring and we got soaked carrying the stuff across the mud to a barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment