Monday 1 March 2021

March 1, 1991: We moved a gay male couple who'd been living together in the same place for 25 years


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday I had to be at Parliament and Wellesley by 9:00 and I was the first one there. The guys that we moved were a gay couple who'd been living in that place together for twenty five years. We moved them to Victoria Park and Danforth. Donnie, Alfred and I went to a strip joint for lunch where Donnie bought me a club soda for $3. After we unloaded the truck I started feeling weak. I caught the subway home and laid down right away. 
            Wayne called and told me that I would be working so close to home that I could fall out of bed to get there. The job would be on Tyndall Avenue, which was five blocks away from my place. 
            I talked with Nancy on the phone. 
            I was craving pastry and starchy foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment