Sunday 28 March 2021

March 28, 1991: I was almost an hour late for work but everyone else was later


Thirty years ago today

            I got up at 3:00 on Thursday, shaved and showered, had breakfast and read the papers. 
            I did the dishes and started working on my S & M story. I left it at "To be continued" and started typing. I got in touch with Bev at Foreplay Magazine and told her I'd deliver it before noon. But as time went on I realized that I couldn't type that fast. I typed the article and my old poem "Phallus In Wonderland" but then I realized that I was late for work. 
            When I looked at the address that Wayne had given me I found that I'd mixed up the time by half an hour and so I was even later than I'd thought and wouldn't be able to deliver the story after all. I was almost an hour late to the job site but still no one else was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment