Thursday 11 March 2021

March 11, 1991: I was so excited about showing Nancy an apartment that I walked into the door and spilled half my coffee


Thirty years ago today

            I got up at around 8:45 on Monday and at 9:00 I called the agency that was handling the apartment at 105 Sunnyside. I had them page the agent and she called me back at about 10:00. I made an appointment for 18:00 so Nancy could see it. 
            I started the laundry and then Carlo came over. The Italian landlord of 14 Lansdowne called and said he'd call me back at 17:00 but he didn't. 
            I went to Queen and Roncesvalles but I was early to meet Nancy so I went for a coffee. But I was so excited in anticipation of showing Nancy the place that as I turned with the cup in my hand I walked into the door and spilled half of it. I was also so distracted that I crossed the street on the red light. Nancy said it was the best basement she'd seen but she didn't want a basement. She went ahead and took the apartment on Queen East in The Beaches without consulting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment