Wednesday 31 March 2021

March 31, 1991: I sold $1700 worth of flowers on Easter Sunday and made $300


Thirty years ago today

            On Easter Sunday I got to work at the flower place at around 7:30. I let them know I was there and then went across the bridge for a coffee and a bagel. When I got back I tried to maneuver a seat and and ended up spilling my coffee. So I went back to the donut shop to get another and a walnut cruller. This time when I returned I was more careful about where I sat. 
            When they called Nancy's name, since I hadn't seen her yet I shouted back that she wasn't there, but apparently she was. 
            I requested that I be placed where I'd been on Friday. In the van was a young woman from mainland China and I chatted with her on the way out to Burlington. We finished very late because there were so many hassles over money counts. I sold $1700 worth of flowers and made $300 so I didn't haggle.
            I called for Nancy when I got home and she called back but we didn't talk long.

No comments:

Post a Comment