Wednesday 10 March 2021

March 10, 1991: Nancy wouldn't do the exercises in prenatal class because she was wearing a dress


Thirty years ago today

            I got up at 8:30 on Sunday and sewed some jeans. Nancy's mother drove her to pick me up at 9:45 and we were almost ten minutes late for prenatal class. Nancy was the only one wearing a dress and so she wouldn't do any of the exercises. The snacks we brought to share went over big. Bridget separated the men and the women and had us talk. She commented that we were the tallest group yet. 
            I walked to Yonge Street with Nancy and then I took the subway to work at North York City Hall. Donny and I worked for an hour and the job was done. 
            I bought the papers and went home. I had some soup, changed my clothes and went out to meet Nancy again. I took the King car to Broadview but forgot to get off at my stop. I left the car at Dundas and walked back to Queen. I met Nancy and her mother at 18:15. Nancy liked the place we looked at.

No comments:

Post a Comment