Tuesday 16 March 2021

March 16, 1991: I told her if we didn't get the place she could forget about me


Thirty years ago today

            I called Nancy at 8:00 on Saturday before I left for work to see if she could make the appointment with the counselor for later so I could come. She said the "doctor" just wanted to see her anyway. 
            I worked until 13:00 and walked to Spadina. I went into Noah's but didn't buy anything. I took the subway to Dundas West and got some fries before catching the streetcar home. 
            I called Nancy and when she told me she'd pretty well decided not to sign the lease on the place in the Beaches I hung up on her. I called her later to argue and then hung up again. I called her at 22:00 and tried one more time. After we worked out some figures on paper she seemed more hopeful. We arranged to meet on Sunday at prenatal class. 
            I told her if we didn't get the place she could forget about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment