Wednesday 15 June 2022

Christina Chong


            On Tuesday I memorized the second verse of “Juif et Dieu” (Jews and God) by Serge Gainsbourg, and adjusted my translation. 
            I recorded two videos of my song practice until the battery ran out of juice. I audio-recorded the whole rehearsal on Audacity. I think I’ll use Audacity for six more mornings and then for the rest of June I’ll try recording with Ableton.
            I weighed 85.4 kilos before breakfast. 
            Around midday, I used the rest of my Murphy’s wood soap and three buckets of water to scrub and clean the 7 mm-deep, 26.5 cm by 153 cm depression in the floor in front of my kitchen counter. I’ll buy another bottle of Murphy’s tomorrow and clean it again because there’s lots of dirt that’s probably a hundred years old between the floorboards. Then I’ll probably spend the remainder of June cleaning the rest of the kitchen floor, east of where I left off two years ago. 
            I weighed 84.8 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and back. 
            I weighed 84.6 kilos at 17:15. 
            I was caught up on my journal by 18:00. 
            I imported into Movie Maker the video that I’d downloaded of brains being sliced, but it would only allow me to drag it into the audio timeline. When I’d downloaded the YouTube video yesterday 4K Downloader gave me the option of converting it to MP4 or MKV. Since I’d never tried it with MKV I chose that format. So today I found the video online and downloaded it again, this time in MP4. In this format Movie Maker allowed me to put it onto the video timeline. I edited out all the cooking parts and just kept the segment that shows the brains being sliced with a big knife. Then I converted it to greyscale and published it as a movie called “Brains.” I imported “Brains” into my Movie Maker project of making a video for my song “Instructions for Electroshock Therapy.” I inserted it into the video to correspond to the line, “Let’s fry some frontal lobes with …” Next I’ll delete a second or two of the concert footage until it’s synchronized with the studio audio when I sing, “shock therapy” again. 
            I worked on my poem “The Odour”. 
            I worked on partially colourizing my photo “Anti Gravity’s Rainbow”. 
            I had a potato with gravy and a slice of roast pork while watching the fourth episode of Star Trek Strange New Worlds. 
            The Enterprise is en route to deliver an atmospheric processor to the colonists on Thinibus 3. When they arrive there they find the colony’s communications satellite has been destroyed. An away team finds that the colonists were dragged to one area and slaughtered but the bodies are missing. 
            They encounter a cargo ship carrying several evacuees. Since the ship carries radioactive material the hull is transporter-resistant and so Enterprise needs to extend a transport tube. When Singh hears a child describe the sounds the attackers made she recognizes something. She says the shields should be raised but with a transport tube attached, they can’t. A ship comes in quickly and attacks. Singh says it’s the Gorn. She is one of the few people that have seen them and lived. 
            The Enterprise has been severely damaged and Number One is badly wounded. She sends Singh to the bridge to act as Number One again. Singh tells Pike that the Gorn used the colonists as bait to hunt the Enterprise. Pike orders them to fly into a volatile cloud that surrounds a gas giant. Many systems will need to be shut down. As they escape, the Gorn fire and sick bay loses power. They have to treat patients without tech. Number One needs to be sewn up with ancient methods. 
            Singh explains that the Gorn see humans as food. 
            In engineering, Hemmer has a broken arm and his only crew member is Uhura. She has to be his hands to fix the warp core as he guides her through. 
            The Enterprise has one photon torpedo. They can’t fire it inside the gas cloud and so Pike has the Enterprise drop it on the one Gorn ship hunting them there. They destroy the Gorn ship but suddenly more Gorn ships zero in because they sacrificed the one to gain the Enterprise’s location. Pike sends the Enterprise deeper into the brown dwarf, risking hull collapse. One Gorn ship follows them and implodes. 
            Number One needs plasma but so does another patient and so Una says she’ll do without. 
            Spock and Singh take a shuttle to observe the Gorn ships. They see them signalling one another with light. Singh says there is a repressed memory she needs to access and asks Spock to use a mind meld. With Spock’s help she remembers the code that the Gorn use. Singh sends a signal telling the Gorn that humans have boarded one of their ships. The Gorn destroy that ship. 
            The brown dwarf is being pulled into a nearby black hole. Pike has the Enterprise use the black hole’s gravity to sling-shot around and escape the Gorn. 
            Number One wakes up to find Dr. M’Benga is giving her an old-fashioned transfusion from his own blood. What are the chances of an Earthling having the same blood type as an Ilyrrian? 
            La'an Noonien-Singh is played by British actor Christina Chong. She started dancing at the age of four and from fourteen to nineteen studied at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London. She later trained at the Lee Strasberg Institute in New York. In 2011 she started getting supporting roles in films and also joined the cast of the British medical drama “Monroe”. In 2015 she had a recurring part on “Dominion”. 


            I searched for bedbugs before bed and when I ran a toothpick along the inside of a crack I saw a little streak of red, which means I must have killed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment